Friday, April 10, 2009

Possible Business Logo?

Admire it. Bask in its glow. Take in all of its glory. Yes, I am a magician. Yes, those bills do appear to be actually inside his mouth because you can still see his teeth on the outside. No, I'm not quite this condescending all the time.

This is the possible business logo for next year. It took me a long time to make and I'm proud of it because I had to learn a lot of techniques in Photoshop and then play with them for a while before I got to the finished product. And I'm still deciding if the 'Cat needs a top hat and monocle, which would be uber-badass, but might make it look too busy.

I won't do as in-depth of a lesson as John has done with his great tree design and hockey front page, but I will go through a little bit of my process.

I don't remember what I Googled, but it was something along the lines of "put one picture in another" and I found a good tutorial. I'd link to it, but I couldn't find it again. Anyway, the first thing you have to do is get the two images you will use. Done and done.Then, I used the eraser tool in Photoshop to erase all the background around the crushed money to end up with this:Then came the hard stuff. Naturally, I won't go into too much detail about the tough parts because I can't explain it very well in my own words. Life's solution: Google it and learn it on your own.

I will tell you that from what I remember, I used the polygonal lasso tool to draw the shape I wanted to place the money into (inside the 'Cat's mouth, making sure to go around the teeth to give it the desired effect). Then a quick click of "Paste In Place...," some resizing, and a counterclockwise rotation gave me the visual orgasm you see at the top of the page. I love it. Do you?

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment